I wrote a little book on how abstract art is liberating and available for reading on the website HERE,
I have also made each of the book sections available for download as PDFs for your personal use (the material is copyright which means that if you use any of it in any way you must credit me and if you wish to use any images or for commercial purposes, you will need my permission).
If you do find it useful, please tell others. If you don’t find it useful, please tell me.
- Introduction: Journey to Abstraction
- Built Environment Abstractions: drawing ideas from the built environment Built Environment Abstractions
- Light and Shadow Abstractions: how to see light and shadow and not the object itself Light and Shadow Abstractions
- Natural Forms Abstractions: the everyday Natural Forms Abstractions
- Perspective Abstractions: finding patterns everywhere Perspective Abstractions
- Rhythm Abstractions: finding more patterns everywhere Rhythm Abstractions
- Sky Abstractions: what can we take from looking up? Sky Abstractions
- Unusual Abstractions: odd things in our world, things we come upon, can be triggers for creativity Unusual Abstractions
- Up Close Abstractions: the world of the very small, made very big, is an undiscovered country Up Close Abstractions
- Whole Images Abstractions: sometimes the whole thing is enough Whole Images Abstractions